George P Johnson, EMEA
GPJ is one of the largest experiential marketing agencies in the world. Exigent was recruited to create a UK brand and presence for this global agency.
To create a European presence for this global agency whilst consolidating and integrating the brand attributes of two other companies recently acquired.
Initially the brief was to retain the existing brands of the three companies. However after stringent market analysis and careful business development planning it was decided that leveraging the power of the global George P Johnson brand would have a stronger impact and substantiate the UK’s sales proposition. Exigent managed all aspects of the agency’s corporate communications for 2 ½ years.
Corporate Identity & Brand
A new corporate identity was created whilst adhering to global brand guidelines. The design created was so impactful it was adopted on a worldwide basis and became the new corporate identity for GPJ worldwide.
Through building the new corporate identity Exigent worked with the agency’s Managing Director to align the company’s positioning and clearly define its service offering. The main positioning for the agency was its strategic and integrated approach to live and experiential marketing planning and implementation.
Corporate Marketing Collateral
A website and brochure were created together with all stationery. Supporting sales and presentation material was created to support the business development strategies for the agency.
Thought Leadership Positioning
George P Johnson needed to be present itself market place as a thought leader and expert in strategic live and experiential marketing.
The main tactics included:
- Driving a European Research Programme to establish live and experiential marketing trends. The project was part of a global study.
- Creating and publishing whitepapers to substantiate the agency’s claims to be an expert in its field. Each paper supported business development efforts and were used in targeting each group of decision makers involved the buying process.
The published whitepapers opened up speaking opportunities at major association and trade conferences and exhibitions. In addition Exigent created a series of early morning inhouse breakfast briefings for prospects and customers.
The content generated for the company helped drive a successful publicity campaign for the agency.
- Exigent secured an expert panel for the MD in a leading trade magazine.
- Exigent entered and won industry awards for and behalf of the agency, as well as places on judging panels.
- Exigent secured a full page each month in a leading trade publication entitled "Event Marketing" and were able to drive content relevant to the readers whilst substantiating the agency’s expertise. This page allowed the agency to include interviews with clients and prospects.
- Exigent created a customer online newsletter.
- Exigent drafted case studies on all projects that supported all press activity and highlighted the strengths of the agency.
In a short time the agency became a recognised and credible contender within a very competitive market place. The integrated communications plan supported an aggressive business development strategy and opened large scale opportunities for the agency across Europe. George P Johnson was unknown in the UK but managed to secure over 1million press opportunities in less than 18 months. The company also managed to secure pitch opportunities in excess of £20 million. The agency continues to enjoy a reputation for their strategic approach.